- Special Savings
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 3/4 cup chopped celery (about 3 stalks)
- 8 cups low-sodium turkey stock (or store bought chicken broth)
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) cooked turkey (or chicken), removed from the bone and shredded
- 2 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach (a large handful)
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Add onions, garlic and celery and sauté until translucent, about 5 more minutes. Add turkey stock (see recipe below) or chicken broth, turkey and sage. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
Add rinsed beans, spinach, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil to wilt spinach and serve hot.
To make turkey stock: Place turkey bones in a large stock pot and cover with cold water. Add 1 quartered onion, 2 coarsely chopped stalks of celery, 1 coarsely chopped carrot, 1 bay leaf and 2 sage leaves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer and cook 2 or more hours. Strain and skim fat from top and store stock for future use.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .