- Special Pricing
Turkey and Squash Soup
- Active Time 35m
- Total Time 45m
6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each
You can also make this with diced cooked turkey, adding it near the end. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing into each bowl.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, thoroughly cleaned and chopped (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash (2 medium), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound turkey cutlets, cut into 1/2 x 2-inch strips
- 2 cups frounceen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add leeks and pepper; cook, stirring often until the vegetables begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute more.
Stir in broth, squash, thyme and cumin; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add turkey and corn; return the broth to a simmer. Simmer until the turkey is just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add lime juice and crushed red pepper. Gently warm the soup until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
241 calories; 3g total fat; 1g total saturated fat; 33mg cholesterol; 370mg sodium; 32g carbohydrates; 5g fiber; 25g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .