- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, chopped
- 1 package (1 1/4 ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups turkey broth or reduced-sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 ounces unsalted tortilla chips, coarsely crumbled
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
In 5-quart saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in oil 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent. Stir in chilies and taco seasoning mix; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, breaking up with spoon. Stir in turkey broth; bring to a boil. Add corn and turkey, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Add cilantro.
To serve, spoon 1 1/3 cups soup in each bowl. Top each serving with 1/2 ounce tortilla pieces and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
244 calories; 9g total fat; 33mg cholesterol; 1053mg sodium; 24g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 18g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close