- Special Pricing
Marcia Kiesel's modern version of this Chinese-American dish includes stir-fried egg noodles with chicken sausage, chilies, basil and an unexpected ingredient—orange juice.
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh plain chicken sausages, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 4 ounces snow peas, cut in half
- 2 fresh, hot long red chilies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 pound fresh or dried Chinese egg noodles, cooked
- 1 cup chicken stock mixed with 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup slivered basil leaves
In a wok, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the chicken sausage and stir-fry over high heat, breaking it up, until just cooked through, 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil in the wok. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry over moderately high heat until golden, 1 1/2 minutes. Off the heat, stir in the snow peas and chilies for 1 minute. Add the orange juice and stir over moderately high heat for 30 seconds. Add the sausage, noodles and stock mixture, season with salt and stir-fry until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the basil and serve.
Get more Food & Wine recipes
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .