Mild spaghetti squash is delicious with potent ingredients like the olives and feta in this lemony salad, which makes a wonderful starter or side dish.
- One 14-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 1 cup sliced almonds (3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives, such as Cerignola
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallion whites
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 ounces Greek feta, crumbled (1/4 cup)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Tip: One Serving 238 cal, 19 gm fat, 2 1/2 gm sat fat, 16 gm carb, 4.4 gm fiber.
Preheat the oven to 350°. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the spaghetti squash and cook until it is al dente, about 12 minutes; drain. Place the spaghetti squash halves cut side down on a rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, spread the sliced almonds on a pie plate and toast them in the oven for about 7 minutes, until lightly golden. In a mini food processor, combine the chopped olives with the sliced scallions, lemon zest, lemon juice and canola oil and pulse until finely chopped.
Working over a medium bowl and using a fork, scrape the spaghetti squash into the bowl, separating the strands. Add the dressing along with the crumbled feta and toasted almonds and season with salt and white pepper. Toss the spaghetti squash salad and serve warm.
Get more Food & Wine recipes
Tip: Can the squash weight be correct?!
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .