- Special Pricing
- For Chicken:
- 6 single, skinless, boneless chicken fillets (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- For Dressing:
- 1 small red chili, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 bunch mizuna
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed and cut into julienne
- 2 carrots, cut into julienne
- 1 cucumber, cut into julienne
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) sprigs
- 1 cup shredded purple basil
- 3 tablespoons Oriental sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
FOR CHICKEN: Flatten the chicken fillets slightly and cut each lengthwise into 4 strips. Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a shallow ceramic bowl and mix well. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
Set aside. Cover in plastic wrap in the refrigerator overnight, or at room temperature for several hours.
FOR DRESSING: Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well-combined.
Combine the mizuna, red bell peppers, carrot, cucumber, green (spring) onions and herbs on 6 individual serving plates.
Heat the sesame oil in a wok or frying pan until smoking. Stir-fry the chicken among the serving plates. Drizzle on the dressing. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Weldon Russell. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
349 calories; 22g total fat; 57mg cholesterol; 182mg sodium; 17g carbohydrates; 5g fiber; 23g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .