- Special Pricing
Wild Mushroom Crepes
- Active Time 20m
- Total Time 1h 30m
Makes 8 crepes; serves 4
Select a mixture of domestic and wild mushrooms for these woodsy crepes. They make a delicious partner to venison steaks, leg of lamb, grilled salmon or albacore, or duck breast, or they can be served on their own for a vegetarian feast.
- Eight 6- to 7-inch Buckwheat Galettes or Blue Cornmeal or Savory Crêpes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or 2 tablespoons porcini oil and 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 shallots or green onions (include half the green onion tops), chopped
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms: cultivated whites, shiitakes, oysters, portobellos and morels, or 14 ounces cultivated white mushrooms and 1 ounce assorted dried mushrooms, soaked in warm water to cover for 15 minutes
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) ricotta cheese or fresh white goat cheese or light cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyere cheese or Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Companion recipe: Savory Crepes
Prepare the crepes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and saute the shallots or onions for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and quickly heat through, about 1 minute. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and let cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and mix in the ricotta, Gruyere cheese, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper, to taste, and sautéed vegetables. Spoon 1/2 cup of filling in a ribbon down the center of each crêpe, and roll up to enclose. Arrange in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish, brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through. Serve at once.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Chronicle. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
509 calories; 31g total fat; 211mg cholesterol; 388mg sodium; 36g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 23g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .