Winter Garden Vegetable Salad
- Active Time 10m
- Total Time 40m
This dressing uses bottled Maggi seasoning, a condiment with German origins. This recipe is from Judith Fertig, author of Prairie Home Cooking.
- For Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 teaspoon Maggi seasoning or 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled hot-pepper sauce
- For Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped watercress
- 2/3 cup chopped leeks (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 small heads Bibb lettuce leaves, separated, or 4 cups assorted torn mixed greens
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Combine the cauliflower, watercress, leeks and green onions in a medium bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Stir to coat the vegetables. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Line a salad bowl with the lettuce leaves. Mound the marinated vegetables in the center and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Harvard Common Press, 1999. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
217 calories; 21g total fat; 3mg cholesterol; 381mg sodium; 6g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 3g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close