- Special Pricing
Lisa Asuncion Feliciano of Manila, Philippines, shared this recipe in our Kitchen to Kitchen department. She recommends making extra loaves when zucchini is abundant because they freeze well.
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature (see Tip)
- 1 cup sugar or 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1 cup grated zucchini, lightly packed (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Tip: To bring cold eggs to room temperature quickly: Place in a mixing bowl and set it in a larger bowl of warm water for a few minutes; the eggs will beat to a greater volume.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 mini 6 by 3-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
Whisk the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
Whisk the egg whites, sugar (or Splenda), applesauce, oil and lemon extract (if using) in a medium bowl. Stir in the zucchini.
Make a well in the dry ingredients; slowly, mix in the zucchini mixture with a rubber spatula. Fold in the walnuts. Do not overmix. Transfer the batter to the prepared pans.
Bake the loaves until a toothpick comes out almost clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes, then turn out onto the rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
118 calories; 3g total fat; 0g total saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 88mg sodium; 22g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 2g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .