Shellfish made easy and delicious.
Shellfish are the basis of a multitude of succulent dishes and also provide significant health benefits. Rich in vitamins and minerals, low in fat and high in taste, shellfish are truly a well rounded delicacy. In Shellfish: The Cookbook, oysters, clams, mussels, crabs, scallops, lobsters, shrimp and prawns are used in deliciously innovative ways. A diverse cross-section of recipes culls the best shellfish combinations from a host of global influences. Easy-to-follow instructions take the intimidation out of preparing such delicious dishes as:
- Clams steamed with pancetta, tomatoes and wine
- Chilled mussels with lemon tarragon drizzle
- Chilled crab and avocado soup
- Northern Thai shrimp salad
- Seafood hot pot with saffron aloli
- Prosciutto-wrapped prawns with basil sauce
- Sea scallops on apricot butter
- Lobster and mango salad.
Comprehensive and clearly written, Shellfish: The Cookbook will be a welcome addition to the home chef's library.