Small is Bountiful: (Hardcover) by Dobbs, Liz
Imagine the satisfaction of diving into a plate full of food that you grew yourself. Stepping out onto your patio and picking fresh ingredients for a meal is a special experience that is possible almost all year long. Small Is Bountiful shows you how to use the latest practices of high-density patio gardening to grow a cornucopia of mouthwatering fruits, delectable vegetables, and fresh herbs in large and small plant containers, window boxes, and hanging baskets.
This beautifully illustrated book covers it all. Inside you'll find:
- 35 illustrated, easy-to-follow projects
- Instructions on how to grow 30 crops that look as good as they taste
- Detailed advice on what to grow and advice on how to store and preserve your bounty
- Recipes to make from your fresh ingredients such as Carrot Soup, Quick Pesto, and Strawberry Sorbet
- The best strategies for watering, composting, propagation, and fertilizing in small spaces
- Suggestions for flowers to pair with your crops for a patio garden that is as beautiful as it is bountiful
There are few things more rewarding than picking your own homegrown ingredients, and the fresh flavor of newly harvested produce goes way beyond what you'll find in a supermarket---and you don't need a farm to do it! Whether you want to learn how to grow lemon trees in pots or to create your very own salsa window box with chilies, dwarf tomatoes, scallions, and coriander Small Is Bountiful will show how!