Dinner with kids shouldn’t be a battleground. And it shouldn’t make a martyr out of the parent whose job it is to get it on the table fast, fresh and hot every day at 6 PM. Aviva Goldfarb’s cheerful Scramble system takes the hassle and worry out of mealtime. Her users and readers rely on her grocery lists, weekly meal plans and recipes not just for the healthy dinners themselves but for taking the stress out of dinnertime. She wants families to actually enjoy their dinners together!
Now, with SOS! The Six O'Clock Scramble to the Rescue, Goldfarb is taking an extra of-the-moment stress away from meal planning for busy families: concern about the environment, about the cost of shipping out-of-season food halfway around the world, about packaging, about additives and preservatives.
In SOS! The Six O'Clock Scramble to the Rescue, readers will get a full year of weekly meals that:
- help readers eat seasonally without missing their favorite foods
- move toward a slightly more vegetarian menu for health and a lighter environmental footprint
- reveal when organic matters (and when it doesn’t)
- save money through easy, efficient planning, bulk buying, freezing and storing, and avoiding waste
- pack the power of achievable ethnic meals, such as Easy Cheesy Tex Mex Scramble and Greek Pasta Salad
- make grocery trips count