Brew it Yourself! Discover the Many Rewards of Homemade Spirits—Unique, Flavorful, Economical, and Surprisingly Easy to Make!
If you think homemade wines, beers, and spirits are difficult to make, or inferior to the "real thing," think again! In this do-it-yourself guide to home fermenting and brewing, Scott Mansfield makes a grand tradition simple and accessible for today's enthusiasts.
Strong Waters covers everything from the basics of bottling to the science of sweetening. Beginners will reap the benefits of Mansfield's tips and tricks for getting started inexpensively with everyday materials, and experienced hobbyists will be inspired by his recipes for both enduring favorites and forgotten delights, including:
- Perry—apple cider's sweeter cousin, made from pears
- Jalapeno Wine—a healthy drink that doubles as a marinade
- Rhodomel—an ancient Grecian mead flavored with roses and honey
- Limoncello—the perfect distillation to conclude an Italian dinner
- Spruce Beer—a North American classic since colonial times
Readers will also be delighted by eight pages of color photographs showcasing the author's own homemade brews, and by quotes from literature and poetry extolling the virtues of these genial beverages. Cheers!