Statistics show that eighty-one percent of ten-year-olds are afraid of being fat. Half are already dieting. And twelve million American children are obese. There is a disease gripping our nation's children and it strikes as early as the toddler years. In Take the Fight Out of Food, eating-disorder specialist Donna Fish offers a cure.
Tackling the psychology of eating, this guide is filled with advice for putting a stop to unhealthy eating habits before they start. Parents will learn how to:
1. The Food Demander, who has trouble stopping
2. The Trouble Transitioner, who can't get started
3.The Picky Eater, who eats the same three things over and over
4. The Beige Eater, who eats only white or beige food
5. The Spurt Eater, who barely eats for days, then gorges
6. The Grazer, who always nobbles and never sits down for a meal
With guidance, inspiration, and encouragement, this invaluable book helps parents to teach their children to eat for life in a positive and healthy family environment.