This unique blend of insight and information will show you how you can learn to really love wine, on any budget and in every situation. You will learn about the major grape varieties, the key countries and the essential terminology; more importantly, you will learn how to develop your tastes, and how to select and buy wines that you really like.
Not only will you develop a genuine enjoyment of wine, you will also discover the practicalities of buying, storing and serving, allowing you to feel confident on every occasion, and to enjoy your wines for many years to come.
- Helps you to discover what you do and don't like, and to really develop your tastes
- Covers storing, buying and ordering in restaurants as well as serving at dinners and parties
- Covers all the major grape varieties from both the New and Old Worlds
- Designed for complete beginners as well as enthusiastic amateurs
- Written by one of the UK's most acclaimed wine journalists
Beverley Blanning is a freelance journalist and a regular feature writer and taster for Decanter magazine. She is an award-winning Master of Wine and has contributed as an expert to a number of newspapers, magazines, and radio programs. In addition, she educates the public about wine through tastings, corporate events and Christie’s Wine Course.