Brewing craft and artisanal beer has become a labor of love for enthusiasts and epicures the world over, with new people joining the ranks every year. The Brewer’s Apprentice is a behind-the-scenes guide to all aspects of this classic art. However, instead of simply sharing brewing recipes, tasting guides, or buying recommendations as many other books do, our book gives readers unique insights into craft brewing culture, and let the “masters” speak in their own words. In a series of in-depth profiles, the legends, innovators, rising stars of the beer world share their deep reserves of brew knowledge, insider tips, recipes, and more.
Inside you’ll learn:
- Sourcing the best ingredients, brewing “locally” and seasonally
- Farm-to-table brewing: hops, barley, wheat, and more
- Setting up your homebrewing workshop
- Brewing chemistry: how does it all work?
- Nontraditional ingredients, extreme brews, and novelty drinks
- Meads, lambics, ciders, and other nectars of the gods
- Barrel-aging beers