Preserving is in vogue again, thanks to the recent gardening renaissance and a worldwide fascination with local, organic and heritage foods.
To celebrate this renewal, Canadian Living has combed through more than 35 years of its classic canning recipes to find the best jams, pickles and preserves to share in The Complete Canadian Living Preserving Book.
Whether you're a novice or an expert at the art of preserving, this book has something to offer you. An in-depth introduction covers the most up-to-date canning techniques and offers a visual guide to the equipment you'll need. Helpful advice on selecting and preparing fruits and vegetables is sprinkled throughout to help you make the best of the harvest.
A broad selection of recipes--both sweet and savoury--are the backbone of this edition. Traditional jams, jellies, marmalades and conserves are well represented, as are good old-fashioned pickles, relishes and chutneys. To keep things interesting, there are also plenty of modern takes on these and other classic preserves, including salsas, sauces, syrups and flavoured vinegars. There's even a handful of recipes that show off your preserves in delicious ways.
- Tested-Till-Perfect recipes.
- Modern, safe methods for preserving food using both time-honoured and up-to-date ingredients.
- Focus on local and/or home-grown produce.
- Written for home cooks, with a focus on clarity for easy, no-stress preparation.
- Inspiring full-colour photos.
- Full nutrient analysis of each recipe.
- Added-value from cover to cover: full index, family-friendly recipes, plenty of tips and helpful advice.
- Reputation of The Canadian Living Test Kitchen's food experts.