The Clueless Vegetarian is designed for vegetarians who love good food, cooked from scratch, but also want to have a life. If you've just switched to a vegetarian diet, The Clueless Vegetarian gives you the straightforward nutritional information you need to help you make good food choices (without obsessing). Whether you're a practicing vegetarian looking for some good old fashioned cooking or someone who cooks for vegetarians, this is your guide. There are lots of hints for concocting vegetarian versions of favorite recipes, and suggestions on preparing meals for the mixed household. Included are survival tips and useful cooking advice for everyone, vegetarian or not.
Revised and updated, The Clueless Vegetarian guides the new vegetarian through a whole new kitchen experience. Every recipe is coded to easily identify recipes suited for the lacto-ovo vegetarian, the lacto-vegetarian, the vegan, the ovo-vegetarian and the occasional vegetarian.
The Clueless Vegetarian is filled with simple recipes for just about everything you might ever want to eat. There are recipes for lasagna, chili and burritos, there are curries and casseroles, hearty soups and lots of great snacks. There are even some truly decadent desserts.
The range of delicious recipes includes:
- Chunky Avocado Salsa, Black Bean Dip, Mexican Meltdown
- Creamy Carrot Soup, Minestrone Soup, Curried Red Lentil Soup
- Warm Mushroom Salad, Simple Sesame Noodle Salad
- Roasted Tomato Fettucine, Nearly Normal Shepherd's Pie
- Mexican Red Rice, Ratatoutille, and Potato Latkas
- Amazing Eggless Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake, Fruit Compote, Fabulous Fresh Fruit Sorbet Chutney
Whether you're adopting a vegetarian lifestyle, or looking to spruce up your everyday cooking style, The Clueless Vegetarian is the best possible guide to vegetarian cooking.