Everyone loves comfort foods. They conjure up images of childhood, family meals, relaxed happiness, warmth, and peace. Now, for the first time in one volume, these two books featuring the ultimate in comfort foods--Macaroni & Cheese and Meat & Potatoes--are together at last.
Macaroni & Cheese presents 52 different takes on the most classic dish from famous restaurants and gourmet food stores--like Chat n’ Chew, Wish, City Bakery, Union Pacific, Hamersley Bistro, and Fairway Market–and from well-known chefs–like Bobby Flay , Waldy Malouf, Rick Bayless, Katy Sparks, Andrew Carmellini, and Wylie DuFresne.
- Tomatoey Mac and Cheese
- Orecchette con Fonduta
- Terrine of Macaroni, Goat Cheese, and Foie Gras
- Chunks of Lobster Swimming in Cheesy Macaroni
- Sweetened Mascarpone and Noodle Pudding
Meat & Potatoes offers fascinating fare from an outstanding set of celebrated chefs across the country. With recipes from Dan Barber and Michael Anthony, Arthur Schwartz, Bobby Flay, Sue Torres, and Cyril Renaud; and restaurants as diverse as Fresh, Los Barrios, Payard Pâtisserie, Bubby’s Pie Company, Mesa Grill, and Nora, these dishes range from the simple to the sublime:
- Braised Short Ribs with Pan-Roasted Ruby Crescent Fingerlings
- Slow-Braised Beal and Vanilla Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
- Indian-Spiced Rack of Lamb with Potato Tikki and Mint Yoghurt
- Chorizo, Potato, and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
- Brine-Marinated Pork Chops with Scallion-Smashed Potatoes and Grilled Granny Smith Apple Slices
Simple enough for the casual cook, yet sophisticated enough to impress experienced chefs, these dishes will leave every guest comfortably stuffed and deliciously delighted.