The Beck Diet Solution taught America how to THINK THIN; now best-selling author Dr. Judith Beck presents a meal plan that works with her Cognitive Therapy techniques that trains you how to EAT THIN and lose weight naturally and permanently. Designed to take the guesswork out of dieting, The Complete Beck Diet for Life features a host of Dr. Beck's Cognitive Therapy tools needed to learn to eat thin, including how to be satisfied with eating less, stay motivated, immediately get back on track, and ultimately maintain new weight.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., has inspired thousands of dieters to lose weight and keep it off using the power of Cognitive Therapy. Her techniques emphasize preparing the mind and changing eating habits before making changes to the food you eat. Now Dr. Beck outlines the next step on the road to success: a specific, balanced diet plan that teaches how to eat thin to ensure that weight loss lasts a lifetime.
Based on the eating choices of her most successful dieters and maintainers, this book provides a step-by-step approach to weight loss by helping readers navigate the 5 stages of learning to eat thin. Each stage teaches a different skill for losing weight and keeping it off.
- Help changing your thinking so you can make permanent changes in your eating habits
- The way to determine the right food plan, including comprehensive suggestions for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and bonus foods
- A Think Thin menu formula with 37 recipes for Phase 2 of the plan
- 15 bonus recipes for Phase 4
- A Sample strength-training plan to help you shape up while slimming down
- Interactive elements including Response Cards, daily eating logs, and progress-charting weight-loss graphs.