The “Cookie Exchange Queen’s” ultimate recipe book, with over 170 recipes for easy, delicious sweet treats to swap. Robin Olson has helped re-popularize and add new twists to the old-fashioned cookie exchange party, making an 18th century invention once again a much beloved tradition. At a cookie exchange a group of people meet, each bringing dozens of their favorite cookies to trade with the other guests. Olson has perfected her ideas--through her rich and much-beloved website, the experiences of her guests, friends and her international network of bakers and hosting scores of parties of her own. Her knowledge is packed into this wonderful, informative, bursting-at-the-seams book.
In The Cookie Party Cookbook, readers will learn:
- How to throw a cookie exchange, from timeline to invitations, entertainment to refreshments
- Tips for a perfect cookie swap (hints: don’t invite men or kids, do serve savories, think of at least one silly and fun activity or contest, such as a prize for the worst holidaythemed sweater)
- Ideas for festive packaging, expert cookie decorating, baking tips and smart shipping
- Over 170 recipes for no-fail cookies, bars, candies and more (from Peppermint Pinwheels to Eggnog Logs) from loyal cookie exchange bakers from all over the World
- International recipes so readers can honor family traditions.