More than 50 million Americans suffer from high blood pressure, and most of them control it by taking prescription drugs with potentially dangerous side effects. And, nearly 24 million Americans have diabetes. But there is a natural and affordable alternative for managing these potentially deadly conditions, reducing your risk of heart failure, stroke, and kidney disease, and achieving the best health of your life: the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet.
Developed by a world-class team of doctors and nutritionists, the DASH diet gives you:
- Complete and balanced nutrition for safe short-term and long-term weight loss
- A scientifically proven approach to managing diabetes and heart disease through lifestyle changes
- A hearty and healthful selection of DASH menus, recipes, and grocery lists
- DASH exercise programs for everyday living
- Key tools, including calorie worksheets and a formula to calculate body mass
This revolutionary program, which is recommended by the American Heart Association; the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; the American Society for Hypertension; and other leading medical authorities, is easy to follow and allows many people to reduce dosage or eliminate altogether the use of blood pressure medications.