More and more people are beginning to can and preserve, whether for health benefits or to save money. Complete with step-by-step instructions, recipes, and tips, this book is a must for beginning and experienced canners alike. With this book you will learn to:
- Preserve fresh foods by drying, freezing, canning, and pickling
- Find and use the tools needed to can and preserve foods at home
- Take safety precautions to prevent food contamination
- Can all-natural broths, soups, and stews
- Dry herbs and spices from the garden for year-round use
- Make festive food gifts—from jams and jellies to dressings and sauces
In addition to a wealth of information and 100 great recipes, you will find a glossary of terms they can reference and an appendix of resources, including lists of products, books, and websites, to help you find everything you need to begin canning today!