The Flexitarian Diet: (Paperback) by Blatner, Dawn Jackson
Now in paper!
Introducing the flexible way to eat healthy, slim down, and feel great! “Flexitarianism” is the hot new term for healthy dieting that minimizes meat without excluding it altogether. This ingenious plan from a high-profile nutritionist shows you how to use "flexfoods” to get the necessary protein and nutrients--with just a little meat for those who crave it. As the name implies, it’s all about flexibility, giving you a range of options: flexible meal plans, meat-substitute recipes, and weight loss tips. Plus: it’s a great way to introduce the benefits of vegetarianism into your family's lifestyle.
Enjoy these Five Flex Food Groups:
Flex Food Group One: Meat Alternatives
- Beans, peas, lentils, nuts, and seeds
- Vegetarian versions of meats
Flex Food Group Three: Grains
- Barley, corn, millet, oat, quinoa, rice, wheat, pasta
- Milk, cheese, yogurt
- Spices, buttermilk ranch, chili powder, cinnamon, Italian seasoning, herbs
- Fats, oils, butter spreads
- Sweeteners, granulated sugars, honey, chocolate
- Ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, vinegars, low-fat sour cream