The creator of a top vegan and food blog shows how a healthy diet can also be a delectable one. Vegan chef is one of the top 50 food blogs on the Web, happyherbivore.com, Lindsay S. Nixon gives thousands of her followers recipes each month, showing that the vegan diet is not only healthy but delicious, too.
Now, Nixon combines some of her tastiest recipes in The Happy Herbivore cookbook, each made with no added fats, using only whole, plant-based foods. It’s easy to make great food at home using the fewest number of ingredients and ones that can easily be found at any store, on any budget.
The Happy Herbivore cookbook includes:
- A variety of recipes from quick and simple to decadent
- Helpful hints and cooking tips, from basic advice such as how to steam potatoes to more specific information about which bread, tofu or egg replacer works best in a recipe
- An easy-to-use glossary demystifying any ingredient that may be new to the reader
- Healthy insight: details on the health benefits and properties of key ingredients
- Pairing suggestions with each recipe to help make menu planning easy and painless.
- Allergen-free recipes, including gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free and sugar-free
With a conventionally organized format; easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions; nutritional analyses; colorful photographs; humorous insight for several recipes; helpful tips throughout; and chef’s notes suggesting variations for each dish, even the most novice cook will find healthy cooking easy—and delicious!