The first meat-only kosher cookbook, with one hundred and twenty recipes deliciously designed to appeal to cutting edge cooks of all faiths who are turning to kosher meat for superior flavor and results.
Experienced home cooks have long praised the virtues of kosher meat, prized for high quality and humane and well-supervised raising, butchering, and trimming. The innovative recipes in The Kosher Carnivore will delight families who keep kosher as a fresh and modern alternative to traditional kosher preparations and will appeal to a broader group as well--including the lactose-intolerant--with the author’s terrific mixture of classic, elegantly ethnic and just-a-little-bit-fashionable entries, such as:
- In Beef: Classic Pot Roast, Grilled Steak Chimichurri, Slow-day BBQ Brisket
- In Veal and Lamb: Veal Meatballs, Grilled Lamb Riblets, Lamb Sliders
- In Chicken: Simple Roast Chicken, Simpler Roast Chicken, Simplest Roast Chicken
- In Turkey and Duck: Country-style Turkey Meatloaf, Oven-roasted Spicy Turkey Sausage, Pan-seared Duck Breasts with Figs and Madiera
- In Soup and Stock: Creamy Mushroom Soup, Hungarian Bean Soup with Smoked Turkey, Beef & Barley Soup