Cast iron cooking is back in vogue! From America's most chic restaurants to the countless kitchens of avid home cooks, everyone is re-discovering the joy of cooking with classic cast iron.
And now with The Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook, every cook will learn the simple, savory secrets of cast iron cookery. From the kitchens of Lodge, America's leading manufacturer of cast iron cookware, this unique cookbook offers over 200 mouth-watering recipes. The delectable dishes range from breakfast specials to the secrets of great fried food.
This book features:
- Over 200 delicious, classic recipes all made in cast-iron
- Over 200 big, beautiful four-color photos
- Cast Iron Memories--historical and allegorical sidebars highlighting cast-iron recipe memories from cooks around the country
- Crazy for Cast Iron--covers all things cast-iron from the history of Lodge Manufacturing to types of pots and pans, care of cast iron, basics of outdoor cookery, what NOT to cook in cast-iron, and how to renew neglected hand-me-down-pans
- Stand-alone sidebars such as How to Make a Roux and Basics of Campfire Cooking