More than two million North Americans have celiac disease and must follow a gluten-free diet-but the absence of grains and the higher fat and sugar content of many gluten-free products can cause health problems and nutrient deficiencies. Now, The New Glucose Revolution Low GI Gluten-Free Eating Made Easy simplifies the challenges of a gluten-free diet-and emphasizes the lifelong health benefits of low-GI, gluten-free eating. Widely recognized as the most significant dietary finding of the last 25 years, the glycemic index (GI) is an easy-to-understand measure of how foods affect blood glucose levels. Low-GI diets improve health and weight control, lower “bad” cholesterol, and help prevent or reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and other chronic diseases. This clear, accessible guide has everything you need to know for healthful gluten-free eating, including:
- Seven simple dietary guidelines for eating gluten-free and low GI
- A guide to finding and buying gluten-free products
- Low-GI substitutes for common high-GI (albeit gluten-free) foods
- Cutting-edge scientific findings on the benefits of eating low-GI foods
- 70 delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes include dishes for each meal of the day
- GI values of hundreds of popular gluten-free foods
The New Glucose Revolution Low GI Gluten-Free Eating Made Easy is the definitive resource to healthy living for everyone with celiac disease, gluten intolerance, or other wheat sensitivities.