Top gerontologist Dr. Walter Bortz shows today’s baby boomers how to maintain their health for many years. Based on breakthrough science and a thirty-year longitudinal study of centenarians, he reveals how:
- genetics plays a smaller role in aging than previously thought
- diseases such as senility are preventable and not an inevitable consequence of age
- healthy sexuality is a key factor in long, healthy lives
- vigorous exercise—running, biking, swimming and strength work—can recover at least 30 years of aging
- social and professional engagement carries many of the same benefits as physical fitness.