2011 James Beard Award Winner -- Healthy Focus
Author autographed bookplates available! While supplies last.
The Simple Art of EatingWell contains all the basics of healthy cooking--from how to stock your pantry and which kitchen tools you really need to how to choose, cook, and preserve the healthiest, freshest foods. Step-by-step techniques show you healthier ways to cook, including how to oven-fry favorite deep-fried foods like onion rings; how to make a lighter, healthier pie crust; make-at-home tacos, freezer pops, fat-free cookies;and many more.
Recipes have notes and tips on how they were made healthier--for instance, when and how to substitute whole grain for white flour or how to use canola oil in place of butter.
- Step-by-step technique guides with photos
- More than 365 recipes, from soups and salads to main dishes and desserts
- Full-color photos for every recipe
- Quick-cooking guides for seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Kitchen essentials: the 20 best tools and gadgets for your healthy kitchen
- Pantry list: what to stock for a healthy pantry
At last--the comprehensive guide to cooking and eating healthier from that most trusted authority: EatingWell.