When it comes to food, the West is the starting point of many of this nation's food trends (think gourmet pizza. fish tacos, the California roll, smoothies, and planked salmon) and the source of so much of our fresh produce. And for more than 110 years, Sunset has been at the forefront of chronicling both the traditional dishes that define the cooking of the West as well as the culinary inventiveness that keeps it vibrant. For The Sunset Cookbook, Sunset food editor Margo True has selected more than 1,000 recipes that represent the best of the West, dishes that showcase a passion for local ingredients (crab, salmon, artichokes, garlic, berries and fruits), a tantalizing array of ethnic influences (Mexican, Native American, Asian), a love of the outdoors (the grilling chapter contains more than 100 recipes), and an ease of living that demands that recipes be kept simple without compromising on taste.
- More than 1,000 recipes from the premier magazine of the Western lifestyle
- Recipes are reality tested - tested in the Sunset test kitchen then by home cooks with no special training.
- Do-ahead info provided to make meal and party planning a snap
- Nutritional data included for every recipe
- Beautifully packaged in a high-quality, hardcover format, The Sunset Cookbook, is the perfect book to find on holiday gift tables
- The Sunset Cookbook is a surefire classic and promises to have steady backlist sales for years to come.