An invaluable guide on how to identify, select, prepare, and store over 1,000 types of food.
Small enough to carry everywhere, but packed with information, this practical and beautifully illustrated full-color guide covers almost every type of food you will find at a supermarket, farmer's market, and specialty food store.
The Visual Food Lover's Guide gives you
- Information on buying, storing, and cooking every type of food
- Over 600 color illustrations to help clearly identify foods
- Nutritional facts for every ingredient
- The essentials on vegetables, legumes, grains, fish, shellfish, meat, poultry, dairy products, nuts and seeds, and herbs and spices
- A quick reference on foods as common as chicken and as exotic as kombu seaweed
- How-to photos of basic food preparation techniques such as properly cutting a pineapple, cleaning crab, and making homemade pasta
With more than 300 entries, The Visual Food Lover's Guide is an indispensable tool for anyone who wants to know at a glance about the foods they eat and read about.