Now completely revised and updated, the New York Times bestseller and groundbreaking classic that has challenged and inspired an entire generation of women with a dramatically new vision of midlife--and that will continue to do so for generations to come.
Dr. Christiane Northrup's #1 New York Times bestseller The Wisdom of Menopause has inspired more than a million women with a dramatically new vision of midlife--and will continue to do so for generations to come. As Dr. Northrup has championed, the "change" is not simply a collection of physical symptoms to be "fixed," but a mind-body revolution that brings the greatest opportunity for growth since adolescence. The choices a woman makes now--from the quality of her relationships to the quality of her diet--have the power to secure vibrant health and well-being for the rest of her life.
Now completely revised, this groundbreaking classic draws on the current research and medical advances in women's health, and includes
- a new section on sex after 50--and how, if need be, you can rejuvenate your sex life
- updated mammogram guidelines--and how thermography improves breast health
- the latest on the glycemic index, optimal blood sugar levels, and ways to prevent diabetes
- dietary guidelines revealing that hidden sugar-not dietary fat-is the main culprit in heart disease, cancer, and obesity
- all you need to know about perimenopause and why it's critical to your well-being
- a vital program for ensuring pelvic health during and after menopause
- strategies to combat osteoporosis and strengthen bones for life
With this trusted resource, Dr. Christiane Northrup shows that women can make menopause a time of personal empowerment--emerging wiser, healthier, and stronger in both mind and body than ever before.