From the Fix-It and Forget-It slow-cooker experts, and the thousands of followers of the Fix-It and Forget-It.com blog and Facebook page, comes a book chock-full of tips for using your slow cooker.
This is the book to turn to, whatever your slow-cooker question or dilemma. For example--
- Do I really have to brown the meat before putting it into the slow cooker, even if the recipe tells me to do that?
- Can I cook a dish in half the time on High if the recipe tells me to cook it on Low?
- How can I convert a stove-top or oven recipe so it can be cooked in a slow cooker?
- How do I keep chicken breasts from overcooking in a slow cooker?
- I don't have a baking insert. How do I "bake" a cake without one in my slow cooker?
- How can I get meat loaf or lasagna out of the slow cooker without breaking it and ruining its appearance?
The collection includes real-life-tested tips, plus stories of slow-cooker successes and disasters, unusual discoveries, and slow cookers' role in special occasions.
A handy resource for new and experienced cooks, from those who love their slow cookers and have learned by doing.