A show-stopping cake book, with eye-catching designs and surprisingly easy-to-follow instructions teaching at-home bakers how to create deliciously evil cakes sure to delight and inspire.
Twisted Cakes subverts sugary sweet cakes and celebration baking to produce designs with a nod to the dark side, all executed with a wicked sense of humor. From eyeball mini cakes for Halloween to a cake that looks like a lamb chop to amaze barbecue guests, there’s a daring design for every occasion, including Valentine’s Day, weddings, birthdays, and special events.
The author of Twisted Cakes, Debbie Goard, is an innovative Californian cake maker who has appeared on The Food Network, has a large internet following, and teaches classes on baking and cake creating to a wealth of eager students. Her instructions are easy to follow, even for the most challenging designs, and the 20 cake designs and recipes featured in Twisted Cakes are each accompanied by full-color photos.
Goard’s cake-making directions will whet appetites and please novice and experienced bakers. As an added bonus for readers, the back of the book contains a pocket with design templates and stencils to create all of the terrifying cakes, such as the knife shape for stabbed cupcakes and ear and heart shapes for the ‘Ears to You Dear’ cake. Think of Twisted Cakes as a guide to making unique, creepy, crafts that are hard to look away from.
- Baked Graffiti--cake with fondant spray can
- Frosty Split--traditional wedding cake with an axe in the middle for a divorcee
- Twisted Bridal Cake
- Can of Worms
- Chop, Chop!--severed finger or hand
- Voodoo Doll--to stab with pins
- Creepy Clown--with cotton candy/candy floss hair
- Butterfly Collector--pretty, but pinned to a board like an entymological specimen and framed
- Terrified Teddy--cute teddy bear tied up
- Mortified Mouse--mouse in a trap or a boa constrictor eating a mouse
- Food Illusion--looks like something else you eat, e.g. a leg of lamb
- Roach Motel--cockroach with luggage
- Venus Fly Trap--in a pot with a fly
- Not So Sweet Tooth Candy--bar, bitten, with maggot filling
- Ears to You, Dear--an ear-shaped cake in a heart-shaped box for Valentine’s day
- Siamese Pig
- Halloween Gravestone
- Eyeball Mini Cakes in Vitreous Fluid--mini round cakes for Halloween
- Stabbing Cupcakes
- Day of the Dead Sugar Skull