With a culinary degree and a new baby to feed, Catherine McCord put her knowledge and love of food together to create Weelicious.com, her popular, high-profile website that has grown from a simple archive of baby food purees into a must-visit kitchen resource offering a wide range of kid-friendly family meals.
Bringing together beautiful color photos, tips and tools, pantry staples, feeding plans, and recipes never before seen on Weelicious.com, Weelicious makes it easy to get kids eating healthy foods from their first bite. McCord teaches parents how to raise great eaters who appreciate food and are excited to try new flavors and shows parents how to revolutionize there relationship to the kitchen. Weelicious shows parents how to:
- Stop being a short order cook--whip-up unique, delicious, and healthy recipes that everyone, no matter their age, will love.
- Inspire kids to eat healthy without resorting to sneaking or trickery--discover a wealth of great tips for getting kids to eat just by paying attention to how their food is prepared and presented.
- Get kids in the kitchen from day one--introduce kids to a variety of foods and include them in the cooking process, the key to years of positive eating habits.
- Shop effectively (and make it fun)--bring the kids to farmers’ markets or the grocery store to make them feel like they are a part of the food they eat.
- Offer choice--allow kids to have more input and control over what goes into their bodies so they can “own” their choices.
From WeeNuggets to Chicken Wonton Soup, Rice Cooker Mac & Cheese to Broccoli Pesto, and Oven Baked “Fries” to Veg-wee Burgers, the recipes in Weelicous are perfect for little taste buds and sophisticated adult palates alike. More than just a cookbook, Weelicious is the ultimate cooking bible for moms--a resource that will stand the test of time even as their children grow into adulthood.